Enter, Emerge and Eschew: August 18, 2008 Week in Review
Last Year at This Time
- Andrey was trying to impress TD Canada Trust
- Michael Garrity was emerging
- Julie Cole answered 5 Questions
- David Dougherty optimized his PPC quality score
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
- Commune eschews wordiness.
- Infonex announces their Corporate Web 2.0 conference in Toronto. See all upcoming events.
Seen on Canadian Marketing Blogs
- Tamera Kremer offers a critique of social media news releases.
- Simon Rodrigue (One Degree contributor) blogs about a couple of choice gigs at sears.ca. Psst, Simon, maybe you should do a job listing on One Degree!
- David Armano (VP of Canadian firm Critical Mass) opines about the un-dying of the microsite.
- Christian shares his thoughts on Bell's new creative and their biz strategy.
Interesting Bookmarks from the Backchannel
- Design & Branding Trends: Olympic Logos. History of Olympics via posters, logo and colour palette.
- Advertising - Woman to Woman, Online - NYTimes.com
- Why you should be buying the misspellings of your domain name - from SEOmoz.
Got a good link for the backchannel? Just tag it on delicious.com with the tag "onedegree"
Releases, Announcements and News
Microsoft is launching their social bookmarking tool, called "Microsoft Social Bookmarks". I'm so torn about MSFT's product names. On one hand, sure, it's pretty clear what it's for. (Duh.) But on the other hand, boring. Unlike delicious, ma.gnolia and Mister-Wong.
Elastic Path is holding an amazing free conference pass giveaway for three of the most popular ecommerce conferences around. Get the details and enter!