Creme Eggs and Corn Chips: March 9, 2009 Week in Review, Snacktastic Edition
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
- The eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit in Toronto and SMX Search Analytics in Toronto. They are being held March 29 to April 1. Register by March 17 and get 10% off all workshops and the Summit. Use promo code "ONE10" when registering.
- Workshops on Analytics (Google Analytics, Intro to Web Analytics and Web Analytics for Site Optimization) are also part of the eMetrics conference, March 29 & 30.
- The Ontario Arts Council is seeking a Bilingual Communications Coordinator (Publications Specialty)
And don't forget you can Win a Palm Centro!
Seen Around the Blogosphere
After the Skittles kerfuffle last week and the unveiling of Facebook's twitterfication strategy the week before, the blogosphere has been pretty quiet as we all hold our collective Canadian breath in hopes of an end of this unpleasant season. Luckily there are still a few troopers blogging through the winter blahs.
- Phil Barrett wonders if Twitter will be the death of blogging.
- The Multitasker calls online coupons the future.
- MediaBadger takes a look at the social media habits by age group.
- Dave Fleet questions what it takes to unleash the fury of the blogosphere.
It's also important to note the delicious presence of suicidal (and mildly sexual?) Cadbury Creme Eggs taking over the internet in all their glory - not to mention a ticking time bomb worthy of Saw VIII on display in downtown Toronto.
If food is right up your alley but you'd like it with a little more user generated content and a little less perversion, check out Doritos' new campaign to name their new, secret flavour. The competition and submissions can all be found at DoritosGuru.ca.
Releases, Announcements and News
- Apple infuriated recent iPod Shuffle buyers with a brand new version, now with more talk and more 'tude!
- More details on the upcoming Facebook facelift.
- New iPhone OS expected to be announced at event next week.
Heard on Twitter
- northernchick: East Coast Canada rockin digital strategy in a big way http://tinyurl.com/ck5pc8 congrats @joelkelly & @pirie !
- bboudreau: Who's up for an experiment? Send me 5sec video clips of their #1 reason students should care about social media. email@example.com
- theprintedblog: BusinessWeek called The Printed Blog one of America's Most Promising Startups!
This Week's Video Meme