Sidekicks, Angels and Kings - Week in Review - June 26, 2009
From Our Sponsors & Advertisers
- Looking for a cool, short-term gig? Check out this Domain Portfolio Assistant over at YummyNames!
- For all you west coasters, Search Engine Strategies San Jose is on for August 10 - 14, 2009. Some great speakers lined up!
- Check out IAApps.com - The Definitive Directory of Usability, Information Architecture, and User Experience Design Software
- eComXpo, the leading virtual show for e-commerce and affiliate marketers, is coming up July 8 & 9, 2009
- eTail East 2009 is being held August 3-6, 2009 in Baltimore.
Seen Around the Blogosphere
- Earlier this week, Industry Canada held a one day conference on Canada's Digital Economy. Alexandra Samuel shares her recommended action items for Canada to regain a leadership position in the global digital economy.
- Boxcar Marketing summarizes Hubspot's seminar on how to use online video for inbound marketing.
- Linda Bustos reminds us of the importance of ensuring that our websites are accessable.
- SWEET! Julie Giles at GreenHatDigital shows us a new iPhone app from artist and flash whiz Joshua Davis.
- Adele McAlear highlights some bad Twitter behaviour by the retailer Habitat - important lessons for any brand using Twitter (or authorizing someone else to on their behalf).
- Maggie Fox has an excellent piece on Digital Crisis Communications.
Heard on Twitter
- Twitter cracks down on folks using automated software to follow/unfollow: cli.gs/j4ZePB (LH) #
- 10 ways journalism schools are teaching social media bit.ly/RTPIv (LH) #
- Does the success of online video lie in social integration? bit.ly/17IBbf (LH) #
- TV ratings model to be used for online metrics? bit.ly/7dYkp (LH) #
- Whatever next? Facebook: the movie bit.ly/I0tk (LH) #
- Excellent advice from Steve Rubel about bringing your company all-stars into the social networking space: bit.ly/Btf9k (LH) #
- Top 10 list of fact-challenged revelations that should be in the Facebook tell-all book cli.gs/asGpaR (LH) #
- Reclaiming Twitter: cli.gs/MDsvDm (LH) #
- Long-form web content not a winner? cli.gs/gv4mhU (LH) #
From the Backchannel
- How to Turn Affiliate Marketing Disclosure Into a Selling Point | Copyblogger
- 74% of Canadians unaware of Twitter: online survey
- The Complete Google Analytics Power User Guide - VKI Studios Blog
- Promoting your product or service with banner ads - is it worth it? - Blog - Campaign Monitor
- A Map Of Social (Network) Dominance
- Engagement planning worksheets to engage your users and move them to action | Social Signal
Releases, Announcements and News
- MySpace cuts global staff, including Canadian offices
- Apparently there are some awards happening in France right now. Lions, tigers and bears - oh my!
- YouTube's new channel design will be moving out of beta soon. Once they switch over, we'll all have some tweaking and re-optimizing to do.
- If you're a marketer and been laid off (from a company that is a member), the CMA offers some assistance.
Video of the Week
It's been a tough week for celebrity passings. As we all share memories, stories and speculations across various social media, this is the one who impacted my childhood the most ...