With the current rise in popularity of online shopping, it is only a matter of time before physical retail stores become obsolete. And with the internet being so vast, many companies are finding it difficult creating and adapting successful internet marketing campaigns for their companies.
Many have made attempts only to fail miserably and give up all hope and the sad news is that many more will fall victim to the powers of the internet.
Below I have listed five basic steps for Business owners and marketers to follow before beginning an online marketing campaign.
- Trend setting. Being a trendsetter will keep your business active and always at the forefront of your competition, if you manage to do this successfully it means that your competitors will always be playing catch-up. Don’t be afraid to be different, your aim should be to stand out in the crowd. Trend setting is what sets the ‘Men & Boys’ apart in the ’online world’ and it is these trends that drive the industry, bringing in record amounts of expenditure every year!
- Customer Interaction. Do not think that because you will not be face to face with most of your customers, that there is no need to interact with them. The most successful online companies offer customers many ways to communicate with them. Social networking and media sites are currently the most popular and companies should ensure that they have a constantly updated presence on each site/medium, whether it is Facebook, twitter or any of the other many platforms available. Newsletters and promotional offer forms are also great as they give you a customer’s email address information and allows you to contact them about opportunities and other relevant company information
- Cost cutting. Always beware of costs, as ad campaigns can run into thousands a day online!! This is especially true when placing ads with keywords, as you get charged per click and with millions of people online this charge can get astronomical pretty quickly.
- Call in the professionals. Professional help may be needed if you do not fully understand how to go about with your online campaign. The key thing to insure here is exactly as above the ‘costs’. Make sure that you are given a final price for services and you are happy/satisfied that what you are being charged is industry standard. Many unscrupulous companies will charge entrepreneurs an ‘arm and a leg’ because of their naivety so be sure that you are not being duped.
- Content. Content especially good and original content will drive unique visitor/customers to your website. Try to have only the best and most relevant content on your site, and have it constantly updated, which means visitor/customers will always be coming back to check up. A forum page is also a great idea as it allows your user base/customer base to interact with each other and share information relating to your company’s products or services. A forum is also good for company interaction as you can keep your user base up to date with all future updates/releases and also provide them with expert help and advice.
This article on online marketing is brought to you by Cantor Index who are providers of an online spread betting demo account that gives you access to most major financial markets.